We’re excited to announce that the DDS office will be expanding by one – We are currently looking for a part-time administrative assistant who is interested in making a positive, lasting change in downtown Gloversville. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than January 11, 2019. Calls will not be accepted.
About the Downtown Development Specialist
The Downtown Development Specialist (DDS) works exclusively in downtown Gloversville assisting existing businesses, organizations and community groups in addition to aiding and encouraging new business development and overall downtown revitalization. The role promotes living and working in downtown Gloversville through downtown events, marketing and placemaking. Since 2017, downtown events presented through the DDS office welcomed over 10,000 people to downtown Gloversville, worked with more than 25 community groups and showcased over 45 vendors. 2018 has seen a significant increase in education and capacity building for key downtown institutions and organizations in addition to expanded programming and events.
Position of Assistant The DDS office is looking to expand to include a 20/hr. per week part-time administrative assistant with event coordination responsibilities. Desired experience includes someone who has some event planning experience, good communication skills (both written and verbal), is task oriented and highly organized. The position will report directly to the Downtown Development Specialist.
Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations
- Work closely with the DDS in regular administrative support tasks
- Assist DDS with research for grants and outside funding opportunities
- Maintain and update key mailing lists (both physical and email)
- Monthly newsletter mailed to downtown businesses
- Monthly mailer in coordination with the Artist in Residence Program (ARP)
- Quarterly e-newsletters
- Mailings for specific events, initiatives and programs
- Assist in various stages of coordination, marketing and planning of downtown events including:
- Bacon Jam (Sept)
- Placemaking 101 (April 2020)
- Quarterly speaker series
- Other events as arise
- Other duties as needs arise
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and other Office Suite programs
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Familiarity with marketing techniques (social media, website maintenance, mailers, etc.)
- Interest in community development, placemaking, downtown revitalization and creating a positive, lasting change in downtown Gloversville
- Event planning experience desired, but not required
- Ability to carry 40 lbs. or more
Resume and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls will be accepted. This position will pay $15-$17/hour, no benefits will be included. Pay will be commensurate with experience.